1) Exit the NinjaTrader 8 application before proceeding
2) Copy your CDX product license key to the clipboard [Ctrl+C] for easy activation. The license key may be retrieved from your purchase confirmation email or the CDX Account Center. https://chartdynamix.com/my-account.
3) Launch the "Install.exe" or equivalent setup wizard. Click through in any Windows security alerts if necessary. **Alerts may occur in certain cases where CDX has not signed all files in the package. Apps downloaded directly from chartdynamix.com are verified safe.
4) Follow the setup wizard, pasting the license key when prompted.
5) Launch NinjaTrader 8 and connect to your data feed through Control Center --> Connections .
6) Open one of the example workspaces provided or begin creating your own custom workspace through Control Center --> Workspaces --> new .
1) Launch the NinjaTrader 8 application. Navigate to the 'Control Center' window.
2) From the top menu bar, navigate to Tools --> Import --> NinjaScript Add-On.
3) From the file-browser window, locate and select your downloaded product .zip file. Press Open.
4) You may receive a NinjaTrader warning disclaimer. When you are ready to proceed with the installation, press OK.
5) When completed successfully, you should receive a confirmation dialogue: "NinjaTrader successfully imported all scripts contained in the NinjaScript Archive File"
6) Repeat steps 2-5 for ALL product files you wish to install. If you've purchased a Tool Suite, there may be several separate .zip files within your download.
7) Software Activation: When using this method, activate each license key individually through its properties window.
Reference: Activation for NinjaTrader 8 Products
All NinjaTrader local user files should be stored at the following location:
Reference the following directory locations:
Workspace Files: (.xml)
Template Files : (.xml)
Indicator Files: (.cs)
Drawing Tool Files: (.cs)
ChartStyle Files: (.cs)
Strategy Files: (.cs)
Access to certain CDX drawing tools through add-on toolbars or indicators is provided via linking of keyboard HotKeys. If your product includes a drawing utility and you wish to use the add-on toolbar or button(s), you must verify the hotkey assignment is correct for the provided tool.
1) From the top menu bar, navigate to Tools --> Hot Keys --> Chart --> Drawing sub-section.
2) Select the appropriate HotKey you wish to change and enter the key-combination provided.
ATR Box [ALT]+A